Don’t just sit there!
• The League of Women Voters of the Piedmont Triad holds a lunch program on the theme of “Stronger League, Stronger Democracy” in the Haywood Duke Room at Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, located at 607 N. Greene St. in Greensboro, on March 19 at noon.
• The Board of Trustees of Winston-Salem State University meets at 207-A Thompson Center on the campus of the university on Friday at 9 a.m. The board committee schedule breaks out as follows on Thursday: The endowment committee meets in the chancellor’s conference room at 200 Blair Hall from 8 to 10 a.m; the appeals committee meets in the provost conference room at 202 Blair Hall from 9 to 10 a.m.; the audit committee meets in the chancellor’s conference room at 200 Blair Hall from 10 to 11:30 a.m.; the academic affairs committee meets in the chancellor’s conference room at 200 Blair Hall from 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.; the finance and administration committe meets at 304 Thompson Center from 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.; and the university advancement committee meets at 308 Blair Hall from 2 to 3 p.m.
• The Winston-Salem Fair Housing Planning Committee meets on Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. in Room 239 at City Hall, located at 101 N. Main St. in Winston Salem.
• The Guilford County School Board and Guilford County legislative delegation breakfast takes place on March 18 at 8 a.m., in the board room of administrative offices, located at 712 N. Eugene St. in Greensboro, to discuss state issues and legislative agenda items that affect Guilford County Schools.
• The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board holds its winter planning retreat on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Downtown School, located at 601 N. Cherry St. in Winston Salem.
• The Guilford County Commission and the legislative committee of the Guilford County School Noard meet in the board room at administrative offices, located at 712 N. Eugene St. in Greensboro, on Thursday at 11 a.m.
Got an event you want listed inour civic calendar? E-mail it to Kaitlyn McBride at firstname.lastname@example.org.