by Alex Ashe and Jordan Green

The best and worst of Triad police blotters, as compiled by Alex Ashe and Jordan Green.


Police responded to a call for a fight in progress at Bull’s Tavern on West 4th Street in Winston-Salem at 11:44 p.m. on Sept. 10. Three Hispanic men reportedly became upset about Mexico’s soccer team losing to the US Men’s National Team, with one of them swinging at bar personnel and another throwing a bottle at an employee. By the time police arrived, staff had pushed the men out on the sidewalk. Uriel Albertotoledo, 26, ran away from the area and returned, cursing and yelling, said Sgt. K. Bowers, head of the downtown bike patrol. One of the officers on the scene used his Taser to subdue Albertoledo and take him into custody, Bowers said, adding that while he was in the patrol car he managed to kick out and shatter the rear car window. The bar declined to prosecute the reported bottle-throwing and attempted assault. Police charged Albertotoledo with disorderly conduct and malicious injury to property.


The school resource officer and administrative staff at North Forsyth High School learned of a shooting threat made by a student while investigating a disturbance on campus on the morning of Sept. 13. Administrative staff conducted a search of the student’s backpack, but no weapons were found. Staff also searched the student’s car, located in the school’s parking lot, and located a .25 caliber semi-automatic handgun. Terrel Dawayne Rowdy, 17, was arrested and charged with possession of a weapon on school campus and possession of a weapon by a minor.


Greensboro police officers responded to a reported stabbing on South Elm-Eugene Street shortly before 8:30 p.m. on Sept. 13. Upon arrival, Ricky Wipple, 41, told officers he had been involved in a fight with John Fire Thunder, 21, at an unknown location. Wipple said Thunder assaulted him with a knife, causing non-life threatening lacerations to his arm. EMS transported Wipple to a local hospital. Police located Thunder, took him into custody and charged him with felony assault inflicting serious injury.