Cyril Nville to headline 23rd Annual Carolina Blues Festival
Cyril Neville of the famed Neville Bothers, will headline the 23rd Annual Carolina Blues Festival presented by YES! Weekly. The event will be held May 9 at Festival Park in Downtown Greensboro.
The announcement party for the 23 rd Annual Carolina Blues Festival, presented by YES! Weekly, will be held on Wednesday at CafÃ© Europa, on Davie Street next to the Cultural Arts Center in downtown Greensboro. The Piedmont Blues Preservation Society produces this annual blues event, the longest running one-day festival in the Southeast. This year’s festival will be held at Festival Park in downtown Greensboro, on May 9. The announcement party will begin at 4 p.m. with complimentary appetizers and beverages for media and special guests. At 4:30 p.m., the lineup of the 23 rd Annual Carolina Blues Festival will be announced. At 5 p.m. there will be a special live performance by 2008 Blues Challenge winners Bump & Logie of Greensboro. Here is the line-up:
• Cyril Neville (of the Neville Brothers fame) with special guest Big Chief Monk Boudreaux,
• Diunna Greenleaf & Blue Mercy with special guest Steady Rollin’ Bob Margolin,
• the Nighthawks,
• the Adrian Duke Band,
• the Landon Spradlin Blues Band, and
• Bump & Logie. Tickets for the 23 rd Annual Carolina Blues Festival, presented by YES! Weekly, will be available at CafÃ© Europa for the special one-day-only price of $10 each. The following day, March 26, festival tickets will go on sale at:
• The Carolina Theatre Box Office, 310 S. Greene Street, downtown Greensboro, 336.333.2605 or online at www.carolinatheatre.com;
• Bank of Oak Ridge locations, Greensboro, Oak Ridge and Summerfield;
• Stonefield Cellars Winery, Stokesdale; The 23 rd Annual Carolina Blues Festival, presented by YES! Weekly is scheduled for May 9 at Festival Park, downtown Greensboro. Doors open at 1 p.m. and the blues begins at 2 p.m. For festival information, visit www.piedmontblues.org.