First Fridays COME TO DOWNTOWN GREENSBORO FRIDAYS IN OCTOBER
Greensboro — The public is invited to experience Downtown’s creative community for First Friday, October 2. This event will feature open mic events, a music jam, fine art and crafts and artist demonstrations, an expanded Indie Craft Market (note time change) and a Pink Out event in Center City Park. Indulge in the rest of downtown’s offerings throughout the evening at more than 20 venues.
First Friday is a free, self-guided tour of downtown Greensboro’s shops, galleries and alternative arts venues that participate with specially programmed events and extended hours (until 9 p.m.) on the first Friday of every month.
The event is an opportunity to discover the center city’s local artistic community and encourages commerce and support of locally-owned, independent businesses located in Downtown. The event is sponsored through a partnership between Downtown Greensboro Inc. and the United Arts Council of Greater Greensboro.
PARTICIPATING FIRST FRIDAY VENUES TO DATE:
• Ambleside Gallery – 524 S. Elm St.
• Center City Park -200 N. Elm St.
• Cultural Arts Center – 200 N. Davie St.
• Greenhill Center for NC Art
• Center for Visual Artists
• Greensboro Cultural Center
• Ganache – 403 N. Elm St.
• Greensboro Chamber of Commerce/ Greensboro Partnership – 342 N. Elm St.
• Greensboro Marriott Downtown- 304 N. Greene St.
• Hamburger Square Park (corner of S.Elm and McGee streets)
• Jules Antiques and Fine Art – 530 S. Elm St.
• Lyndon Street Artworks – 205 Lyndon St.
• Mack and Mack – 220 S. Elm St.
• Mary Contrary – 227 S. Elm, Ste. A
• Old Photo Specialist – 320-B S. Elm St.
• Riva’s Trattoria – 257 N. Greene St.
• Winter Light Gallery – 410 Blandwood Ave.
• Yew Tree Gallery – 604 S. Elm St.
• Indie Craft Market
Further updates and a downloadable map/guide coming soon at www.downtownfridays.com.