Archives

Logan Street house fire causes damage

by Lee Adams

Antonio Hazlip, 11, watches firefighters contain a house fire at 905 Logan St. The Greensboro Fire Department was called to the scene at about 3:30 p.m. on Aug. 12.

Fire Marshal David Douglas said he believes the vacant house, which suffered about $30,000 worth of smoke damage, is owned by an absentee landlord in Ohio.

Two firemen were injured. Fireman Jerry Russell, whose ears were burned, was treated on the scene. Another fireman was taken to the hospital for monitoring because his heart rate was abnormally high after he came out of the fire. (Photo by Lee Adams)

Share: