Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask politicians and public servants about their jobs. This week, we address questions to the Forsyth County Commission. The rules are simple: no research, no callbacks.
1. During its Feb. 9 regular meeting, the Forsyth County Commission approved a $600,000 technology grant application from the NC Public School Building Capital Fund for one of the county’s high schools. Which school will benefit if the $600,000 grant is approved by the state?
2. During its Feb. 9 meeting, the commissioners approved amending zoning ordinances to reduce parking requirements for motorized vehicles by 15percent, which is designed to increase parking availability for what kind of vehicles?
3. During its Feb. 9 meeting, the commissioners approved a request from the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Board of Education to purchase 40 acres of land for future school construction? What was the total price tag of the purchase?
Gloria Whisenhunt, District B
1. West Forsyth High School [ ] 2. Bicycles [ ] 3. $ 1 million [ ]
Walter Marshall, District A
1. I don’t know. [X] 2. I don’t know. [X] 3. $ 1 million [ ]
Richard Linville, District B
1. I’m not feeling well. I just don’t feel like talking to you right now. [X] 2. [X] 3. [X]
1. West Forsyth High School 2. Bicycles 3. $ 1 million