Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to members of Winston-Salem City Council about Dell’s recent announcement it will close its Forsyth County plant in January 2010..
1. How many permanent Dell employees at the computer maker’s Forsyth County plant will lose their jobs over the next three months?
2. What is the total dollar amount of economic incentives Dell will have to repay the city of Winston-Salem?
3. If Dell had remained in operation for six years, how much of the economic incentive package would it have to pay back?
1. 905 employees 2. $15.6 million 3. 50 percent
Mayor Allen Joines
1. 905 employees [ ] 2. $15.586 million [ ] 3. 50 percent [ ]
Dan Besse, Southwest Ward
1. A few more than 900 [ ] 2. $15.5 million [ ]
3. 50 percent of the annual incentive payment plus the site preparation costs [ ]