Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to members of the Guilford County Commission about what was on the agenda for its Oct. 15 meeting. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. Name three things on the agenda tonight.
2. What is the approximate amount of the contract to be considered to S&ME for special inspections and construction materials testing for the new detention center?
3. True or false: A closed session for a personnel matter is listed on the agenda.
1. Financing items, personnel matter, funding from state for projects related to H1N1 Virus planning, contract to purchase 30 in-car laptop computers for the sheriff’s office, etc.
2. $479,624 3. True
Billy Yow, District 5
1. We’ve got some financing issues, one. We’ve got, let’s see, personnel issues, got some stuff on consent agenda coming from the health department and from the sheriff’s department. [ ]
2. That’s a tricky question. It could be $547,000 or $5 million, depending on how you break it down. [X]
3. True [ ]