Welcome to this week’s YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to candidates for Greensboro City Council about matters related to this year’s election process. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. What percentage of registered voters cast ballots in Greensboro’s primary election?
2. The Fisher Park neighborhood is now part of District 3. What district was it part of before redistricting took place last year?
3. As a candidate, are you allowed to accept more than $50 in cash from a contributor?.
1. 6 percent
2. District 2
Sandra Anderson Groat (incumbent), at-large
1. 6 or 7 percent [ ]
2. 2 [ ]
3. No. [ ]
Marikay Abuzuaiter (challenger), at-large
1. 6.5 percent, between 6 and 6.5 percent [ -]
2. Oh, wow. It would have to have been District 2. [ ]
3. No. It has to be recorded. [ ]
Art Boyett (challenger), District 5
1. I think it was 6 percent, wasn’t it? [ ]
2. I would guess 4, but it would be either 2 or 4. [ -]
3. No, I don’t think so. [ ]