Welcome to this week’s YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to Winston-Salem City Council members about agenda items from the council’s Nov. 2 regular meeting. The rules are simple: no research, no callbacks.
1. What is the grand total of funding the city received from the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-housing program through the economic stimulus package and the US Housing and Urban Development grant? a) less than $1 million, b) between $1 million and $2 million; or C) more than $2 million
2. The city council has declared the week of Nov. 9-13 ____ in the city of Winston-Salem?
3. Unified Development Ordinance 205 passed by the city council on Nov. 2 consolidates 12 business uses into how many uses? What is the one exception to UDO 205?
1. B) $1.8 million
2. “Employ-a-Vet Week”s
3. 4; motorcycle dealers
Dan Besse, Southwest Ward
1. C [X] 2. “Veterans Week” [X] 3. 4; motorcycle dealers [ ]
Mayor Allen Joines
1. B [ ] 2. “Hire-a-Vet Week” [ -] 3. 5 [X]; motorcycle dealerships [ ]
Molly Leight, South Ward
1. B [ ] 2. Hire-a-Vet [ -] 3. 5 or 6 [X]; motorcycle dealerships [ ]