Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to members of the Winston-Salem City Council about what was on the agenda for its Monday meeting. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. True or false? The Public Safety Committee has issued a recommendation regarding violations of city code by Willard’s Cab Company for the council to vote on at tonight’s meeting.
2. A resolution to issue two-thirds obligation bonds to enhance the city’s public safety, infrastructure and parks and recreation facilities is on the agenda. The total amount of the bonds to be issued is: a) between $2 million and $3 million; b) between $3 million and $4 million; or c) more than $4 million.
3. One of the items on the consent agenda states that the city has received a $2 million grant from US Department of Housing and Urban Development to help eliminate ___________ in multi-family housing in the city.
1. False 2. C – The exact amount is $4.8 million 3. Lead-based paint
Dan Besse, Southwest Ward:
1. False [ ] 2. C [ ] 3. Lead hazards [ ]
Mayor Allen Joines:
1. False [ ] 2. C [ ] 3. Lead-based paint [ ]