Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to the three newest members of the Winston-Salem City Council. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. When will you be sworn in as a member of the Winston-Salem City Council?
2. The city of Winston-Salem was consolidated in what century?
A) 18 th century B) 19 th century C) 20 th century 3. What is the name of the first settlement in Forsyth County?
1. Dec. 7 2. C – 20th century; 1913 to be exact 3. Bethabara
James Taylor, Southeast Ward:
1. Dec. 7 [ ] 2. C [ ] 3. Old Salem [X]
Derwin Montgomery, East Ward:
1. Dec. 7 [ ] 2. C [ ] 3. Wachovia [X]
DD Adams, North Ward:
1. Dec. 7 [ ] 2. A [X] 3. Old Salem [X]