Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to members of the Forsyth County Commission about their regularly scheduled meeting on Monday. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. Based on the county risk manager’s assessment, the amount of the county’s public employee blanket bond is being expanded by what factor? A) doubled; B) tripled; C) quadrupled
2. A resolution on tonight’s agenda calls for a reduction in the nonincumbent sheriff’s annual salary? What is the amount of the reduction?
3. Name one other item on tonight’s agenda.
1. A) Doubled (from $250,000 to $500,000)
2. 20 percent, which brings the sheriff’s annual salary down to $99,200
3. Approval of 2010 meeting schedule; election of chairman and vice-chairman.
Gloria Whisenhunt, District B:
1. B [X]
2. I don’t know. [X]
3. Selecting the chairman. [ -]
Walter Marshall, District A:
1. I didn’t pick up on how much it is. [X]
2. The base rate — about $99,000. It’s based on the lowest amount we can pay the sheriff in case the sheriff loses next year. It’s based on if he loses the guy coming in won’t be expecting what the present sheriff is making. [ ]
3. Selecting of chairman and vicechairman. [ ]
Beaufort Bailey, District A: 1. B [X] 2. I don’t know. [X] 3. Election of chairman and vicechairman. [ ]