Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to members of the Greensboro City Council about their Tuesday meeting. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. What was the amount bid by Shelco for the construction of the Greensboro Aquatic Center and ACC Hall of Champions entrance, on Tuesday night’s agenda? A) between $16 million and $17 million; B) between $17 million and $18 million; or C) between $18 million and $19 million
2. True or false? There was an item on Tuesday night’s agenda to accept a construction bid on the Greensboro Transit Authority Maintenance Center.
3. There were three consent agenda items on Tuesday’s agenda dealing with the use of economic stimulus funds for two road improvement projects. What were the projects?
1. C; the exact amount is $18.3 million
2. False. There was a resolution to reject all bids on the maintenance center due to the fact they did not comply with state statutes.
3. Elm-Eugene Street improvements and Lake Jeanette Road improvement project.
Robbie Perkins, at large:
1. B [X]
2. They’re going to have to re-bid it. [ -]
3. Lake Jeanette and South Elm Eugene Street [ ]
Zack Matheny, District 3:
1. C [ ]
2. I don’t remember. [X]
3. Cone Boulevard or Battleground [X]