Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week we address proposed restructuring of development and neighborhood services in Greensboro municipal government. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. A proposed One-Stop Development Center would combine which two processes from Engineering & Inspections and from Planning?
2. Which two departments are proposed to be merged entirely?
3. What would be some of the functions of a new Neighborhood Services section within the proposed Planning & Community Development Department?
Robbie Perkins, at-large
1. The TRC, and permitting and inspection. [ ]
2. Housing & Community Development and Planning. [ ]
3. Better integration of the neighborhood plans with the overall….[X]
Danny Thompson, at-large
1. Zoning, permits and grading. [ ]
2. Planning, and building and inspections. [X]
3. Buffering and grading and land use. [X]
Jim Kee, District 2
1. I think it was going to combine planning and zoning. [X]
2. What departments did we talk about merging? I don’t recall. I’m not real sure. [X]
3. I’m not sure. I know what the TRC would do, but I’m not sure what neighborhood services would do. Design? Planning? [X]
1. Building review and inspections, and the Technical Review Committee process
2. Housing & Community Development and Planning
3. Neighborhood enforcement, including zoning, historic district issues and minimum housing code