Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask politicians and elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to the Greensboro City Council about a request by the Nussbaum Center for Entrepreneurship for assistance in renovating its new home in the Carolina Steel building.
1. How much is the Nussbaum Center seeking from the city to help defray the cost of its move?
2. How many jobs have been cr’eated by businesses supported by the Nussbaum Center since the center’s founding in 1987?
3. What is the average annual compensation of jobs created by companies that have been hosted by the business incubator?
Mayor Pro Tem Nancy Vaughan
1. $1.2. [ ]
2. I believe they said 1,301. [ ]
3. $59,000. [X]
Robbie Perkins, at-large
1. Million two. [ ]
2. Something like 1,300. [ ]
3. They’re saying 60 and over. [X]
Zack Matheny, District 3
1. $1.2 million. [ ]
2. Approximately 1,301. [ ]
3. $49,000. [ ]
1. $1.2 million