Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to members of the Winston-Salem City Council regarding the council’s Monday’s regular meeting. Calls were placed prior to the meeting. The rules are simple: no research, no callbacks.
1. An item on tonight’s consent agenda proposes the city place an annual levy of $2,500 on electronic sweepstakes operations. How much is the proposed levy on each machine?
2. Another item on tonight’s consent agenda proposes to move the Youth Council from the city’s parks and recreation department to what other city department?
3. There is a proclamation on tonight’s agenda declaring the week of May 16-22 as what in the city of Winston-Salem?.
James Taylor, Southeast Ward: 1. $500/machine [ ] 2. Human relations department [ ] 3. National Public Works Week [ ]
Dan Besse, Southwest Ward: 1. $500/machine [ ] 2. Human relations department [ ] 3. National Public Works Week [ ]
Derwin Montgomery, East Ward: 1. $500/machine [ ] 2. Human Relations Department [ ] 3. I’m not remembering exactly. [X]
1. $500 per machine
2. Human relations department
3. National Public Works Week