Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to members of the Greensboro City Council regarding the budget. The rules are simple: no research, no callbacks.
1. The city council approved an allocation of $450,000 from the Greensboro/Guilford County Tourism Development Authority’s hotel/motel tax fund for what purpose?
2. The council’s decision to approve a rezoning request on Oakland Avenue from heavy industrial to planned unit development infill allows Kotis Properties to renovate what site?
3. Complete the line of the poem read by Mayor Bill Knight on May 18: “It is the soldier, not the campus organizer who…”
Mayor Pro Tem Nancy Vaughan 1. For the coliseum expansion. [ -] 2. The Rolane [ ] 3. I don’t know. [X]
Robbie Perkins, at-large 1. To supplement the capital fund at the coliseum for debt service. [ ] 2. Rolane [ ] 3. “Protects our freedom or protects our liberties.” [X]
Danny Thompson, at-large 1. It can be used for capital improvement. [ -] 2. The Rolane factory. [ ] 3. I don’t know. [X]
1. Supplementing debt service payments on coliseum improvements
2. Rolane Mill
3. “Has given us freedom to protest.”