Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to members of the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners regarding its special meeting on May 27. The rules are simple: no research, no callbacks.
1. What was the total amount of additional funding appropriated for the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools?
2. Name the two sources of the additional funding for the school system.
3. What is the total budget for the county for fiscal year 2010-2011?
Walter Marshall, District A
1. $2.7 million [ ] 2. The Dell fund and general fund balance. [ ] 3. $396 million [ -]
Debra Conrad, District B:
1. We added $800,000 from the fund balance, so basically the operational expenses stayed the same. [X] 2. It only came from one fund, the fund balance. [X] 3. $397 million [ -]
Everette Witherspoon, Commissioner-elect, District A:
1. $2.4 million [ -] 2. Some came from the Dell refund, and the rest came from the general fund. [ ] 3. The whole budget was around $394 million. [ -]
1. $2.7 million
2. $1.9 million from the Dell refund money; $803,430 from the general fund balance.
3. $395 million