Welcome to this week’s YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to members of Greensboro City Council. The rules are simple: no research, no callbacks.
1. What is the name of the planned park in southwest Greensboro for which the council has approved a master plan?
2. What type of house of worship shares a street with the sexually-oriented business on Mary Street?
3. What is the name of the pedestrian route that is planned for the area near the properties exempted from the Downtown Design Overlay?
Robbie Perkins, at large
1. We have not named it. The park on Hilltop Road for southwest Greensboro. I think it’s potentially going to be named after Bonnie Kuester. [ ]
2. The mosque. [ ]
3. Downtown Greenway. [ ]
Mayor Pro Tem Nancy Vaughan
1. The Hilltop Road Park or Southwest Park. [ ]
2. Hmmm… I don’t remember that coming up. [X]
3. Greenway. [ -]
Mary Rakestraw, District 4
1. It wasn’t the Hilltop Recreation Center? [ ]
2. I know it’s a Muslim… because the woman who owns the Greensboro Ballroom helped get that place for them. She lets them use her parking lot. They have a wonderful working relationship. [ ]
3. I cannot remember that greenway. [X]
1. Hilltop Park
2. A mosque, specifically Islamic Center of the Triad
3. The Downtown Greenway