Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to members of the Winston-Salem City Council about items on the agenda for its Monday meeting. The rules are simple: no research, no callbacks. This quiz was administered before the meeting.
1. On tonight’s city council agenda, there is a resolution to approve $150 million in municipal bonds for which infrastructure project?
2. There is a resolution on tonight’s agenda to lower the speed limit on a certain city street from 35 mph to 25 mph. Name the street.
3. One of the items on tonight’s consent agenda is an authorization of the second phase of the city’s Revitalizing Urban Commercial Areas (RUCA) program. How much money has the city appropriated from the Dell repayment funds to the second phase of the RUCA program?
Derwin Montgomery, East Ward:
1. Water and sewer bonds [ ] 2. I don’t remember. [X] 3. $2.5 million [ ]
Dan Besse, Southwest Ward: 1. Utilities — water and sewer. [ ] 2. I’m afraid I don’t know. [X] 3. $2.5 million [ ]
Denise D. Adams, North Ward: 1. Water and sewer bonds. [Ã–] 2. I can’t remember that street. [X] 3. $2.5 million. [ ]
1. Utilities — water and sewer
2. Byerly Road
3. $2.5 million