Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, in which we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to members of the Greensboro City Council about the council’s Tuesday meeting. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. What research institution is in close proximity to three parcels of property up for annexation near the intersection of Lee Street and Interstate 85/40? Bonus points for naming the church requesting annexation on Hilltop Road. 2. What’s the name of the developer who has asked for a continuance for a rezoning request for a housing development on Alamance Church Road? 3. Name one of the key recommendations of the Downtown Area Consolidated Plan.
Robbie Perkins, at large
1. Center for Nanotechnology and Engineering [ -].
2. Wade Jurney [ ]
3. Support the greenway. [ ]
Danny Thompson, at large
1. North Carolina A&T. Is it the Unitarian church? [ ]
2. I don’t know. [X]
3. I don’t know. [X]
Jim Kee, District 2
1. NC A&T, the nanoscience and engineering. [ ]
2. I think that’s Wade Jurney. [ ]
3. I’m thinking the Elm Street redevelopment area. I think that’s one of the items on that plan. [ ]
1. Gateway University Research Park (NC A&T University also counts). Bonus: Unitarian Universalist Church of Greensboro
2. Wade Jurney
3. Promote quality mixed-use development; enhance transportation connections (all modes); develop strategies for public investments; expand downtown connections to neighborhoods “and all nearby economic drivers”; and “enhance public processes for downtown”