Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, in which we ask elected officials about their jobs. In light of a Feb. 10 in which the NC Senate discussed proposed legislation to ban legal substances, this week’s questions are posed to members of the Forsyth and Guilford County state senators. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. The proposed legislation in Senate Bill 9 will add what to the list of controlled substances?
2. Senate Bill 7 will add what drug to the list of controlled substances?
3. Which senator is the primary sponsor for both pieces of legislation?
Sen. Stan Bingham (R- Davidson, Guilford)
1. Is this synthetic cannabis? [ ] 2. Mephedrone. [ ] 3. Brown. [ ]
Shame list: The following lawmakers did not return phone calls: Senate President Pro Tem Phil Berger, Sen. Pete Brunstetter, Sen. Linda Garrou, Sen. Gladys A. Robinson and Sen. Don Vaughan.
1. Synthetic cannabinoids or synthetic cannabis 2. Mephedrone 2. Sen. Harry Brown