Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, in which we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week’s questions are posed to members of the Greensboro City Council. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. The city council voted in favor of a contract with non-profit KaBOOM! to build a playground at Northside Neighborhood Park. What is the cost to the city and what is it for?
2. Council voted to appoint what organization as the lead agent on the Bessemer Shopping Center redevelopment project?
3. David Craft spoke at the council meeting about his concern with the farmers’ curb market selection committee. What is his concern?
Robbie Perkins, at large 1. $2,200 to buy the land as foreclosure. [ ] 2. East Market Street Development Corp. [ ] 3. That the committee was stacked, favored a proposal. [ ]
Zack Matheny, District 3 1. $2,200 for two lots. [ ] 2. East Market Street Development Corp. [ ] 3. He wants the committee to be more diverse… from a cross-section of city council. [ ]
1. $2,202 to purchase two foreclosed properties and $1,000 per year for maintenance
2. East Market Street Development Corp.
3. That the committee wasn’t diverse enough and would favor one proposal.