Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, in which we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week’s questions are posed to members of the Greensboro City Council. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. According to a memo from the city manager, what’s the most money the city could save by opening and operating the White Street landfill?
2. What is the poverty rate in Greensboro?
3. Do people have to be Greensboro residents to speak during council meetings?
Robbie Perkins, at-large
1. $3.4-5.2 million. [ ] 2. About 20 percent. [ ] 3. No. [ ]
Danny Thompson, at-large
1. $5.2 million. [ ] 2. One in five. [ ] 3. No.
1. $5.26 million 2. 20 percent, or one in five residents 3. No