Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, in which we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week’s questions are posed to members of the Greensboro City Council. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. What is Greensboro’s projected budget shortfall for fiscal year 2011-2012?
2. People can now have how many commercial vehicles registered to a home business?
3. How much money did council approve for the Natural Science Center to expand the parking lot?
Danny Thompson, at large
1. $9 million but we’ve asked the city manager to prepare for an $18-million budget cut. [ ] 2. Two. [ ] 3. $300,000 to $400,000 [ ]
Zack Matheny, District 3
1. I’m going to pass for this week. I missed the meeting Tuesday so I’m still catching up. [X] 2. [Declined to participate] [X] 3. [Declined to participate] [X]
Trudy Wade, District 5
1. I don’t have time right now. I’ve got a very sick puppy here. [X] 2. [Declined to participate] [X] 3. [Declined to participate] [X]
1. $9 million 2. Two vehicles 3. $310,000