Archives

POP QUIZ

Welcome to this week’s YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week’s questions are directed to members of Greensboro City Council. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.

Questions

1. Name one issue brought up by speakers from the floor at the last council meeting. 2. True or false: early voting turnout more than doubled since the last council election. 3. What is Occupy Wall Street?

Robbie Perkins, at large 1. Cherry got up and he talked about his situation, and so did Reyes… police issues. [ ] 2. True. [ ] 3. Occupy Wall Street is an attempt to draw attention to the financial markets that take advantage of those

of us on Main Street… basically turning attention to the way Wall Street does business. [ ]

Zack Matheny, District 3 1. Police. [ ] 2. True. [ ] 1. It’s where people are basically pointing to Wall

Street to turn around so the economy can turn around. [ -]

Nancy Vaughan, at large 1.Police misconduct. [ ] 2. True [ ] 3.It is a grassroots organization protesting corporate greed. [ ]

Correct Answers

1. Multiple correct answers, primarily allegations of corruption in the Greensboro Police Department

2. True. Turnout increased from 733 to 1.744 from 2009 to 2011 in the primary elections.

3. Protesters have been occupying a park near Wall Street and demonstrating since Sept. 17 against Wall Street, banks, corporations and government policies that allow 1 percent of the population to control so much of the wealth and control decisions while taking advantage of the other 99 percent of public.

Share: