Welcome to this week’s YES! Weekly Pop Quiz. This week’s questions were posed to the Greensboro City Council in advance of its Tuesday meeting. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. Name one item on the agenda for the meeting.
2. Council is considering a request to reimburse Lomax Properties LLC in the amount of $217,812 for relocation of a storm sewer line along on a portion of the Old North State Chevrolet site. What is Lomax building there?
3. Council is considering an extension of its waste disposal agreement with Republic Services until what date?
Mayor Pro Tem Nancy Vaughan
1. To extend our contract with Republic Services. [ ] 2. I’m not even sure, to be honest with you. [X] 3. Six months. [ ]
Robbie Perkins, at large
1. Horse Pen Creek zoning. A little office building. [ ] 2. Apartments. [ ] 3. I think it’s six months. [ ] Danny Thompson, at large
1. We’re going to be voting on approving the Coilplus incentive for a company that’s coming to Greensboro. [X] 2. He’s building residential properties. [ ] 3. I think it was a three-year term. [X]
1. A rezoning request on Horse Pen Creek Road and approval of a solid waste contract extension
3. June 30, 2012 (Six months is also acceptable.)