Welcome to this week’s YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, in which we ask elected officials questions about their jobs. This week’s questions are directed to the Winston-Salem City Council. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.:
1) In what year was Old Salem declared an historical district?
2) Does the Reynolds Park Quarry Master Plan include keeping the nearby recreational center?
3) How many days do homeowners get to finish repairs on houses ordered to be demolished/removed within the city limits?
Council Member James Taylor Jr., Southeast Ward
1) I know they worked on one as recently as 2010, but I don’t really know the answer to that. [X]
2) Yes. [ ]
3) It’s a 90-day grace period. [ ]
Mayor Allen Joines 1) I know they began working on that in the 50s. I’ll guess 1958. [X]
2) Absolutely. Yes. [ ] 3) It depends, but the grace period is usually 90′ days. [ ]
1) 1966 2) Yes 3) 90 days
Council Member Dan Besse, Southwest Ward 1) I don’t know the answer to that. [X] 2) Yes [ ] 3) It can definitely vary, but 90 days is the initial’ time. [ ]