Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz,where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to members of the Winston-Salem City Council about their perspective on the new year and challenges ahead. In the spirit of the holidays, questions 1 and 2 are automatically scored correct.
1. Name one of the top challenges the Winston-Salem City Council will face in 2011.
2. Name one of your new year’s resolutions.
3. True or false: The Winston-Salem Dash drew more than 300,000 fans to BB&T Ballpark this year.
James Taylor, Southeast Ward:
1. Job creation. [ ] 3. One thing I’m going to try to do better in 2011 is better serve the citizens of my ward. Personally, I think I’ve done a good job but I can always do better. [ ] True. [ ]
Derwin Montgomery, East Ward:
1. Budget. [ ] 2. I don’t normally do the whole New Year’s resolution thing; I’d like to accomplish more in my work on the city council in 2011. [ ] 3. True. [ ]
Dan Besse, Southwest Ward:
1. Balancing the budget. [Ã§ ] 2. Return constituent calls more quickly. [ ] 3. True. [ ]
1. Any answer works. 2. Any answer works. 3. True.