SPORTS TRIVIA PRESENTED BY I.H. CAFFEY
1. When was the last time a majorleague team had three consecutive league MVPs, with a different player winning each year?
2. Name the last World Series in which two pitchers hit home runs.
3. When was the last time before the 2008 season that Vanderbilt’s football team won a bowl game?
4. Name Michael Jordan’s coach during his first season in the NBA (1984-85) with the Chicago Bulls. 5. Who was the only nongoaltender to win the Conn Smythe Trophy as MVP of the Stanley Cup playoffs despite not playing for the Stanley Cup champion?
6. In what year did restrictor plates become mandated by NASCAR at the Daytona 500?
7. At the 2009 Australian Open, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal tied a record for the most times meeting in a Grand Slam final with seven. Who else holds the mark?
1. The New York Yankees (‘61 Roger Maris; ‘62 Mickey Mantle; ‘63 Elston Howard).2. It was 1967. Jose Santiago of Boston belted a homer in Game One; Bob Gibson of St. Louis had a round-tripper in Game Seven.3. It was the 1955 Gator Bowl versus Auburn.4. Ke vin Loughery.5. Winger Reggie Leach of Philadelphia in 1976.6. It was 1988.7. Bill Tilden and William Johnston, between 1919 and 1925.
(c) 2009 King Features Synd., Inc.