TOP TEN SAINT PATRICK’S DAY CELEBRATIONS
March 17th is St. Patrick’s Day. What will you be doing? We have some suggestions that will make your St. Patty’s Day green and gleeful.
IN WINSTON-SALEM AND GREENSBORO:
1. WINSTON-SALEM: Finnigan’s Wake will have an event on Trade Street with Live Music, all-you-can-eat buffet, and the viewing of the ACC Tournament will be displayed will be included in your ticket. Alcohol is not included in ticket price. It will last from 7:00am on March 15th and it will last until the early morning hours on March 16th. $30 admission will allow you to come and go whenever you like.
2. GREENSBORO: If you are searching for a true Irish experience, there will be the Greater Greensboro St. Paddy’s day party on March 17th from 7am to 11:30pm on Barnhardt Street. There will be Irish musicians, dancers, and Celtic rock bands, served along with fire dancers and beer and liquor bars. You will learn about Irish history and language and eat authentic Irish dishes.
3. GREENSBORO: MCouls Public House will be having a limerick contest on McGee Street. People 21 and over can submit an application and finalists will recite their limericks at their St. Patrick’s Day Festival.
4. HIGH POINT: The Claddagh Restaurant and Pub will be hosting live music from the David McLaughlin Trio and Soul Central. Admission is free and the event will start at noon on March 17 th.
5. GREENSBORO: Bender’s Tavern will be featuring a guest appearance by The Walrus and The Dickens Band where they will be performing live. Show will debut on March 17 th at 5pm. All guests must be 21. Tickets will be available for purchase in advance at Bender’s bar for $6 or the day of for $8.
IN NORTH CAROLINA:
6. CHARLOTTE: Irish Flu Bar Crawl will debut March 17th. Bars participating will be Fitzgeralds, Connolly’s, RiRa, Blackfinn, Bubble, and SIP. Admission is $5 in advance and $10 the day of.
7. RALEIGH: The annual “Luck of the Irish” St. Paddy’s PubCrawl will occur from March 14th- 17th 108 Hargett St featuring $2 domestic drafts and $3 domestic bottles as well as $4 cocktails and Irish whiskey shots.
OUTSIDE NORTH CAROLINA:
8. SOUTH CAROLINA: There will be a St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival on Main Street in Myrtle Beach from 9am- 4pm. This will have a children’s area and will have live entertainment, food, and crafts.
9. NEW YORK: If you feeling the need to breakaway from the south, there will be the March Madness St. Patty’s day party on March 15th starting at 9pm. It will be taking place at Toshi’s Livingroom and Penthouse. There is a $25 admission fee where you can sit in the VIP section closest to live music and have a personal waitress serve food and drinks.
10. FLORIDA: The famous Naples St.Patrick’s Day Parade will take place on March 15th at 11am. This 38-year-old tradition claims to be the largest privatelyfunded Parade in Florida. !