Welcome to this week’s YES! Weekly Pop Quiz where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week we direct questions to members of the Forsyth County delegation to the NC General Assembly. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. True or false? If a daily session of either the NC House or NC Senate extends beyond 5 p.m. or convenes after 5 p.m., the buildings remain open to the public until the session adjourns.
2. True or false? Littering, defacing of property, and possession of a deadly weapon by members of the general public are all prohibited in the Legislative Complex.
3. True or false? No person, other than officers and members of the General Assembly, may hold a press conference in the Legislative Complex. This includes one-on-one interviews.
Rep. Dale Folwell, NC House Speaker Pro Tempore 1. True. [ ] 2. False. [X] 3. False. [ ]
Rep. Larry Womble, District 71 1. True. [ ] 2. True. [ ] 3. False. [ ]
Rep. Earline Parmon, District 72 1. True. [ ] 2. True. [ ] 3. False. [ ]
1. True. The Legislative Complex remains open to visitors until the session adjourns.
2. True. An exception extends to law enforcement officers and active duty military personnel.
3. False. An interview between two individuals is not considered a press conference.