Welcome to this week’s YES! Weekly Pop Quiz. This week’s questions were directed in advance to members of the Greensboro City Council about item on their meeting agenda on Monday. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. Council will consider approving a lease between the city and what nonprofit to manage the Greensboro Farmers Curb Market?
2. The state of North Carolina is providing up to $7.7 million to improve intersections of what major Greensboro thoroughfare?
3. How much money is a private company proposing to invest in the Bessemer Shopping Center?
Mayor Pro Tem Nancy Vaughan 1. Greensboro Farmers Market Inc. [ ] 2. Battleground. [ ] 3. Seems like $2 million. [ ]
Robbie Perkins, at large 1. Greensboro Farmers Market Inc. [ ] 2. Battleground. [ ] 3. Seems like $2 million. [ ]
Danny Thompson, at large 1. It’s the Greensboro Farmers Market Inc. [ ] 2. I think it’s Battleground intersection. [ ] 3. $2 million. [ ]
1. Greensboro Farmers Market Inc.
2. Battleground Avenue
3. $2.1 million ($200,000 safe harbor)