Welcome to this week’s YES! Weekly Pop Quiz where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week’s questions were directed to members of the Winston-Salem City Council in advance of their Monday meeting. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. True or false? The West Suburban Area Plan calls for specific zoning changes in the city.
2. True or false? The predominant land use in the West Suburban Planning Area is singlefamily residential.
3. True or false? According to the city’s Parks and Open Space Plan, adopted by the city council in 2007, the West Suburban Planning Area is adequately served by existing parks and recreation facilities.
Derwin Montgomery, East Ward: 1. False. [ ] 2. True. [ ] 3. That one I do not have an answer to. [X]
Robert Clark, West Ward: 1. False. [ ] 2. True. [ ] 3. False. [ ]
Denise D. Adams, North Ward: 1. True. [X] 2. True. [ ] 3. False. [ ]
1. False. The West Suburban Area Plan contains recommendations for guiding future growth and development. It does not call for zoning changes.
2. True. Single-family residential development accounts for 57 percent of the land area.