Community Arts Day Features Free Live Performances
Join the High Point Arts Council for the fourth annual Community Arts Day on Sunday, January 28, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the Centennial Station Arts Center! All activities and performances for this event are free and open to the public.
This year’s Community Arts Day will include a total of five performances along with the recognition of Community Arts Project and Teacher Arts Project grant recipients. Performances for the afternoon will include:
· “Four to Tango” performed by the High Point Ballet
· Poetry Readings by the Pullman Poet Society presented by the High Point Arts Council
· Classical Guitar presented by High Point Community Concerts Association
· Excerpts from “Next to Normal” & “Shrek Jr.” performed by High Point Community Theatre
· High Point University’s Petal Points (a capella singers) presented by Piedmont Artists
The doors will open at 2:00 p.m. for viewing blackout poetry by the Pullman Poet Society and their first published book of poems. Performances in the theatre will begin at 2:30 p.m. Free refreshments will be provided by Carousel Theatre and the other arts organizations.
For more information, contact the High Point Arts Council at 336-889-ARTS. The Centennial Station Arts Center is located in downtown High Point at 121 S. Centennial Street.