Eight great things to do in the Triad: Dec. 22-24
- On Dec. 22- 24 in Greensboro, Woods of Terror turns into woods of twinkly lights with the fourth annual McLaurin Farms Christmas Lights! McLaurin Farms is located at 5601 N. Church St. Drive through hundreds of thousands of Christmas lights and decorations synchronized to music. Visit the Christmas Kitchen and Country Store for some treats. The lights are open from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. and Santa arrives on-site at 6:30 p.m. and pictures with ol’ Kris Kringle himself are FREE! To drive through and see the lights it costs $2 per person. For more information, visit the website.
2. On Dec. 22 in Winston-Salem, from 8 p.m. until 11 p.m. Wise Man Brewing will be hosting an ugly sweater party in the taproom. Wise Man Brewing is located at 826 Angelo Bros Ave. According to the Facebook event page, “Break out your tackiest sweater, your dusty old Santa suit, or your most festive attire and join us in the Taproom. We’ll have Wise Man gift cards for our favorites!” Categories include Ugliest Sweater, Best Dog Sweater, Best Vintage Sweater, Best Costume (Santa, Elf, Reindeer, etc).
3. On Dec. 23 in Winston-Salem, don’t miss the NIGHT MOVES dance party happening from 10 p.m. until midnight at the Monstercade, located at 204 W Acadia Ave. According to the Facebook event page, “The elves at NITE MOVES workshop are back to make ya sweat on the night before the night before X-mas!” In the event page discussion, NIGHT MOVES posted that they will be taking requests for that night. For more information, visit the Monstercade’s Facebook page.
4. On Dec. 23 in Greensboro, from 9 p.m. until 2 a.m. head to Boxcar Bar + Arcade for the second annual XMAS Is LUV Holiday Dance Party. This year’s lineup is The Brand New Life, Super Yamba Band, Electric Jelly Funk and more performing live Afrobeat dance music and a very special vinyl DJ sets by Prez. “We’re excited to see everyone in Greensboro over the holidays,” According to the Facebook event page. “Also really excited to bring the party downtown this year to Boxcar Bar + Arcade. They’re opening a brand new music room in the back and we can’t wait to BREAK it in with you all!”
5. On Dec. 23 in Greensboro, yet another ugly Christmas sweater party is happening at Fat Tuesdays, located at 120 Barnhardt St. The party goes from 7 p.m. until 1 a.m. According to the Facebook event page, the “infamous DJ Trellz” will be spinning all night long. Best ugly sweater will win a $50 gift card. For more information, visit the Facebook page.
6. On Dec. 22-24 in Greensboro, join Mercy Hill Church will be meeting in downtown Greensboro at the Carolina Theatre, located at 310 S Greene St., for a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evening of worship and celebration. This is an invitation to all as this will be a great night to spend with friends and family. Simply choose a service of your choice and reserve your seats today! On Friday and Saturday, this will take place from 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. and on Sunday at 3:30 p.m. Due to the limited space available at Carolina Theatre, we are only able to accommodate a certain number of kids for childcare. This is why it’s important to RSVP your children. Check-in for kids will happen at the top of the stairs on the left side of the lobby and families may drop-off up to 30 minutes prior to each service. Kids are also welcome in the service, and we will offer activity booklets for them to be able to interact with throughout the service. *Childcare available in all services for infants – 1st graders. *We are expecting lots of traffic as many people will be trying to park and make their way to the Carolina Theatre around the same time. Please arrive at the parking location (211 S Greene Street, Greensboro, NC 27401) at least 30 minutes prior to your service time in order to make it into the theater and not miss any of the service!
7. On Dec. 24 in Winston-Salem, don’t miss one of your last opportunities to see “The Nutcracker” this holiday season. Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker will be showing at RJ Reynolds Auditorium, located at 301 N. Hawthorne Rd. According to the Facebook event page, there is no elevator at this venue. Tickets can be purchased in person at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds box office Monday-Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Platinum ticket buyers will receive a Nutcracker doll and a Moscow Ballet Book with each ticket purchased. In addition, Platinum Ticket buyers will have a meet and greet opportunity before the performance. Gold Circle Ticket buyers will receive a Nutcracker doll and the official Moscow Ballet Book with each ticket purchased. Purchasers should go to the merchandise table to retrieve their products. All ages require a ticket.
8. On Dec. 24 in Winston-Salem, enjoy a three-course Christmas Eve dinner from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. at The Katharine Brasserie & Bar, located at 401 N. Main St. Reservations suggested. The cost is $50 per adult and $25 per child (12 and under). According to the Facebook event page, the holiday menu is:
FIRST COURSE-Choose One
Gulf Oyster Stew
Crispy Pork Belly Confit
SECOND COURSE-Choose One
Roasted Duck Breast
Honey Glazed Pork Lion
Line Caught Atlantic Halibut
Braised Short Rib
Caramelized Pear and Walnut Cake
Hazelnut Chocolate Bread Pudding
Almond Milk Flan