Morehead Foundry Includes 3 Restaurants, Event Space, a Speakeasy, and Rental Company, All Under One Roof
The Triad’s first Multiplex, Morehead Foundry, opened Nov. 21. The unique concept that features multiple-concepts under one roof, including three restaurants, a speakeasy, an event space, and a catering company.
Located on Spring Garden street in Greensboro, the 33,000-square-foot Morehead Foundry is owned by Lee Comer, who heads Fresh.Local.Good food group, which is also the parent company of popular local restaurant Iron Hen Café.
The restaurants in Morehead Foundry will share a kitchen, allowing for efficiencies in the way the business is run and a sense of community, but each restaurant will retain its unique concept and flavors.
“The shared economy of the kitchen gives us the chance to cross-utilize our staff. It’s efficient and cost-effective, but it also creates a sense of community, with is key to how I want to do business,” says Comer.
Comer says Morehead Foundry and its businesses will be “a destination for Greensboro and surrounding communities. This is a place that will promote Southern hospitality and history, local food and ingredients, and a strong community spirit.”
The new restaurants include:
· Four Flocks and Larder, an upscale Southern restaurant focusing on chicken, duck, quail, and turkey.
It’s all about the fowl – chicken, turkey, duck, and quail. A classically upscale, yet comfortable Southern dining option, Four Flocks stuns with a larder and mezzanine area as well as a great outdoor patio with a view of the downtown Greenway. Get a classic cocktail at the bar, sit down for a mouth-watering meal, or enjoy the best dine-at-home option in Greensboro at our Quick Flight Bar.
- Seats 260
- 4,000 square feet
- Hand-thrown plates from Nichols Pottery in Seagrove, NC
- Featuring a menu of 13 variations on the classic mint julep
- Classic Southern rustic decor
- The Larder offers Southern food, drinks, home goods, and gifts for sale.
- Quick Flight Bar offers the best of Four Flocks in a takeout option
- Custom art features images of the four featured fowl (chicken, turkey, duck, and quail) created locally by wood-burning artist Michele Parsons.
- 50-foot wall behind the bar features images of NC swamps by photographer Joey Seawell , reminiscent of locations popular with Southern duck hunters.
· Revolution Burger, a fast-casual restaurant with 100% grass-fed and finished beef burgers and hand-spun shakes.
We are burgers done better, 100% grass-fed & finished beef with a side of goodness and a hand spun shake. Here’s to the only burger bar in downtown Greensboro that truly does grass-fed and finished. Viva la Farmer!
- Seats 100
- 2,500 square feet
- Super-fresh toppings, fresh off the farm
- Unique ingredients include Southern staples like chow chow and pepper jelly.
- Decor is modern rustic
- Includes a gallery of photos of local herds and steer by photographer Joey Seawell
- Celebration of the link between North Carolina farms and the best-tasting dishes.
· The Baker & The Bean, a Southern scratch bakery offering a full range of desserts, as well as nitro coffee.
A Southern scratch bakery with a twist! Get your sugar and caffeine fix inside or let us bring the bakery truck to you. For birthday parties or weddings, we guarantee your sweet tooth needs will be met. And since we prize both tradition and conservation, our motto is: Save the planet, it’s the only one with cake!
- Seats 42
- 800 square feet
- A full dessert bakery, featuring Southern staples like pies, cakes, cinnamon buns, and more.
- Cakes and cupcakes feature delicious cream-cheese-based frostings
- Grown-up desserts are also on the menu, including liquor-infused cupcakes. Try several with a tasting flight!
- Nitro coffee on tap – coffee that has been infused with nitrogen to create a rich, creamy brew with a sweet flavor. It’s a coffee that looks almost like Guinness, with a foamy head and a bit of a bubbly consistency.
- Decor features custom fretwork pattern, exposed brick, and Southern charm.
- Bakery truck will deliver cakes, cupcakes, pies, and other sweet treats, right to your door! Perfect for birthdays and other celebrations.
Other businesses housed in Morehead Foundry include:
· Hush, a members-only speakeasy.
Speakeasy, you say? We don’t know what you mean. If only Greensboro had a private social club that offered modern cocktails, inspired classics, and what? Spirit-infused milkshakes?… oh wait… we may have just spilled the “Beans”…
- Seats 42
- 800 square feet
- Members-only private club
- Code required to enter secret door on the Morehead Foundry campus. Location is on a need-to-know basis.
- Decor is dark and moody with a banquette that wraps around the space.
- Unique menu of classic and exclusive cocktails.
- Atmospheric music creates a bluesy vibe of the ‘20s and ‘30s.
- Food can be ordered from any of the on-site restaurants.
· The Public, a private event space for parties, meetings, and other gatherings and celebrations.
A uniquely warm, inviting, and industrial private event space. It is perfectly suited for any gathering, celebration, and business function.
- Can accommodate up to 250 guests
- 3,500 square feet
- Industrial decor includes exposed bricks and beams, stained concrete floor, and metal fittings.
- Cutting-edge AV and sound systems for presentations, listening parties, or live music events.
- Heart-pine tables and x-back chairs for dining or for meetings.
- Mezzanine above the main space provides extra seating areas.
- Acoustics of the room are perfect for music events, bands, dancing, and shows.
- Catering provided on-site by Fresh.Local.Good food group.
· Fresh.Local.Good. food group’s catering company, with on- and off-site catering and the largest catering kitchen in town at 9,000 square feet.
· Fresh.Local.Good food group’s corporate headquarters