8 great things to do in the Triad: Dec. 13-15
1. On Dec. 13 in Winston-Salem, have some family fun at Kaleideum North, 400 W. Hanes Mill Rd., from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. for its Festive Family Fridays! According to the Facebook event page, “Festive Family Friday, sponsored by Spangler, Rohlfing & Lambert Pediatric Dentistry and Publix Supermarket Charities, is a music- and discovery-filled holiday tradition at Kaleideum North.” There will be Cam’s Coffee and CiCi’s Pizza available for purchase. Admission is $3 per person. For more information, visit the Facebook event page.
2. On Dec. 14 in Winston-Salem, from noon to midnight catch the Wherehouse Art Hotel’s Winter Art Mart at Gas Hill Drinking Room and The Ramkat, 170 W. 9th St. According to the Facebook event page, there will be “art for sale, food trucks, drinks, live painting, demonstrations and performances by Andy Mabe, Them Pants, Scrub Pine, Gutta Trees & Zach McCraw. Tickets can be purchased at the door. At 7 p.m., we’ll open the doors to The Ramkat for a show featuring Finks, Spirit System, Andy Mabe, & Alternative Champs! Music starts at 8 p.m.” Tickets can be purchased at the door or online and range from $5 to $10. To learn more, check out Katei Cranford’s story about it in this week’s issue.
3. On Dec. 14 in Greensboro, check out the Ugly Sweater Saturday Show at Twist Lounge, 435-M Dolley Madison Rd. According to the Facebook event page, “We’re hosting a show featuring Lacie Marie, Velma Violet, Arthur Itis, and Brenda the Drag Queen! Wear your ugly holiday sweaters and come out and enjoy the show!” There is a $5 cover charge, and the shows are at 10 p.m. and midnight. For more information, visit the Facebook event page.
4. On Dec. 14 in Greensboro, it’s Otis & Wawa‘s fourth annual SantaCon Bar Crawl from 3 to 9 p.m. Head to downtown and hop from more than 10 bars for drink specials (at participating businesses), a Santa hat, an Event Slap can sleeve, a costume contest, games, prizes, and gift cards! According to the Facebook event page, “Dress up as Santa or in your favorite holiday costume/ugly sweater and bar crawl to many participating downtown businesses. Registration begins at 2:30 p.m. at Stumble Stilskins on 202 W. Market St. The crawl begins at 3 p.m.! Proceeds and donations will be given to the local nonprofit, The Future Fund of Greensboro.” Participating bars include Stumble Stilskins, Elm Street Lounge, Jerusalem Market on Elm, The Bearded Goat, Boxcar Bar + Arcade, SouthEnd Brewing Co, Pier Oyster Bar & Grille, Grey’s Tavern, Natty Greene’s Brewing Co., Little Brother, Brewing, Longshanks Billiards, Beer Co., Horigan’s House of Taps, Vintage to Vogue Boutique, The Green Burroand more. For more information, visit the Facebook event page.
5. On Dec. 14 in Kernersville, “three Kernersville destinations are teaming up to create an enchanting holiday destination,” the Facebook event page states. “As you stroll down Main Street, stop at Körner’s Folly to explore the 1880’s house museum adorned in Victorian Christmas décor, and then continue to the Paul J. Ciener Botanical Garden where you can find unique gifts and inspiration for holiday decorating. Then finish up at the Kernersville Museum where you can learn about local history before grabbing a pair of ice skates for a lap around their outdoor ice skating rink!” From 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., celebrate a Kernersville Yuletide at the Körner’s Folly, Paul J. Ciener Botanical Garden, and Kernersville Museum! For more information, visit the website.
6. On Dec. 15 in Greensboro, it’s time for the monthly Greensboro Drag Brunch at Chemistry Nightclub, located at 2901 Spring Garden St. With seatings at 11:30 a.m. and 1:10 p.m., Angelica Dust hosts with performances by Jessica Chanel, KayKay LaVelle, Bentley Balenciaga, Saniya Chanel, Alexandra Vittz and Tia Douglas. Tickets are $5 to get in, and the brunch bar is an optional $12. Featured drink specials include Bottomless Mimosas $25, Smirnoff Cocktails starting at $5, Imports $4.50, Domestics $3.50, and Jell-O Shots $2. For more information and to buy tickets, visit the website.
7. On Dec. 15 in Greensboro, check out LGBT+ Future presented by AVO Records at New York Pizza, located at 337 Tate St. Headlining is Jaye Naima with performances by Bryce Quartz, Jaded, Elijah Rock, and The G.A.T.A.R. According to the Facebook event page, this monthly event “is a queer-focused event. It was created as a platform for queer artists to perform and showcase their talents. Amor Vincit Omnia. Love Conquers All.” For more information about Bryce Quartz and AVO Records, check out this week’s issue. The cover is $5, and the event starts at 8 p.m.
8. On Dec. 15 in Winston-Salem, catch the Camel City Craft Fair: Winter Market at Foothills Brewing (Tasting Room), located at 3800 Kimwell Dr. According to the Facebook event page, this market features “75 local and regional vendors selling handmade arts & crafts, antiques, repurposed, vintage, and food items!” There will be free entry and parking. For more information, visit the Camel City Craft Fair Facebook page.