Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz where we ask elected officials about their jobs. This week, we address questions to members of the Forsyth County Commission regarding the agenda of their meeting on Monday. The rules are simple: No research, no callbacks.
1. What is the total dollar amount requested by the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board to purchase land for an elementary school in the northern part of the county?.
2. What is the length of the county’s proposed new lease with SciWorks?
3. What is the amount of the grant the county received from the NC Department of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention to perform a “comprehensive gang assessment”?.
2. 10 years
Chairman David Plyler, District B
1. I don’t know. [X] 2. I don’t know. [X] 3. I don’t know. [X]
Gloria Whisenhunt, District B
1. I don’t know. [X] 2. Three years [X] 3. $60,000 [X]
Debra Conrad, District B
1. $30,000 an acre; $700,000 total [ ] 2. 10 years [ ] 3. $125,000 [ ]