Welcome to the YES! Weekly Pop Quiz, where we ask politicians and public servants questions about their jobs. This week we called four county commissioners – two from Forsyth, two from Guilford. The rules are simple: The candidate must answer immediately – no research, no callbacks.
1) How much does it cost to take a PART bus from Greensboro to Winston-Salem?
2) How much did you spend on gas last week?
Guilford County Commissioners
John Parks (D-at large)
1) I think they changed it recently. I would hate to be way off… is it two dollars?
2) Easily $60
Billy Yow (R-District 5)
1) I don’t know
2) Probably $160
Forsyth County Commissioners
1) No, I don’t know.
1) I don’t know. I’d guess about two dollars
2) I was in Florida last week so I didn’t buy any gas. But usually it costs me $55 to fill up my tank. I’ve been driving less, so I’m only filling my tank a couple times a month. I work out of my house and I live in a really convenient location. I tell all my friends that I’m about two blocks from anywhere.
2) The less the better