CITY OF HIGH POINT CELEBRATES NATIONAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WEEK
HIGH POINT, N.C. (April 2, 2018) – The City of High Point is celebrating National Community Development Week today through April 6. This year’s national theme is “Celebrating the Impact of the CDBG and HOME Programs”, and communities across the country will come together this week to recognize the work of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and the HOME Investment Partnerships Program. The CDBG Program provides grants to our local government and funds activities that are primarily targeted to low-to-moderate income persons and households, while the HOME Program provides grants to create safe, decent and affordable housing for both rentals and homeowners. The National Community Development Association (NCDA) leads National Community Development Week annually.
Activities for the week in High Point include:
- CD Week Proclamation, April 2, 5:30 p.m., High Point City Council
- Health and Wellness Workshop, April 3, 6:00 p.m., Oakview Recreation Center, presented by High Point University
- 2018 Youth Summit, April 4, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., RC Baldwin Educational Center, preregistration required
- Senior Resource Workshop, April 5, 6:00 p.m., GTCC High Point, presented by Senior Resources of Guilford and Legal Aid of N.C.
- Open House and Ribbon Cutting. April 6, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., Kirkwood Crossing
For more information, contact Community Resource Specialist Alisha Doulen at 336.883.3042 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of High Point aims to serve as the catalyst for bringing together the community’s human, economic and civic resources for the purpose of creating the single most livable, safe and prosperous community in America. For more information on the City, visit www.highpointnc.gov.