“College Night” at HQ Greensboro features Entrepreneurial Students, Faculty and Alumni
HQ Greensboro and Venture Café announce “College Night” the second in a series of free public events in 2019 designed to inform and inspire conversation among a wide audience about our community’s entrepreneurs and unique entrepreneurial opportunities. The “Venture Café at HQ Greensboro” series takes place at HQ Greensboro and is sponsored by Allegacy Federal Credit Union.
-Second in Venture Cafe @ HQ Greensboro Series-
At “College Night” on Tuesday, April 2 from 5-8 pm at HQ Greensboro, entrepreneurial students, faculty, and alumni from Greensboro-area universities will lead panel discussions about starting up, technology, digitalization, global opportunities and more, including:
- A program at UNCG’s Bryan Business School in which international teams from Greensboro and Belgium develop business plans from ideas they generate in the program, working virtually and in person.
- A panel of young entrepreneurs who will talk about growing their companies in Greensboro and Winston-Salem
- Fa’lon Thomas, Onyx Ocean Technologies
- Kevin Doubleday, Fluree
- Carl Turner from, SwipeBy
- Insights from three student entrepreneurs in NC A&T’s entrepreneurship program.
- How Guilford Tech’s Small Business Center helps community entrepreneurs grow their businesses.
“There are a lot of great ideas coming out of Greensboro colleges and universities. Venture Cafe is excited to highlight the next generation of entrepreneurs during a special “College Night” at HQ Greensboro,” said Karen Barnes, Executive Director of Venture Cafe Winston-Salem. “There is so much great young talent in the Triad, and we want to show our support so they will start, build and grow their businesses in our community.”
The first event of the series, “Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities in our Community” was on February 20 and drew a full house of more than 70 people. Panels discussed several new and exciting business opportunities in the Triad for local entrepreneurs. Future events are planned on August 6 and in October (date TBD).
The series is free and open to the public. HQ Greensboro is located at 111 West Lewis Street in downtown Greensboro. For more information about HQ Greensboro, visit hqgreensboro.com.