Eight great things to do in the Triad: March 16-18
1. On March 16 in Greensboro, at 6 p.m. The Bearded Goat, located at 116 E. Lewis St., will be holding a Beard and Mustache Club welcome party the night before the big contest. People still interested in competing can register in person until 11 p.m. and after that, in-person and online registration will end. There will be no day-of registration. Drink specials for the night include $2 PBR Draft, $3 Pabst APA Draft, $4 Jim Beam and $5 Vodka Redbull. For more information about BAM 2018, visit the event page.
2. On March 16 in Winston-Salem, The Garage presents The Genuine, I, Anomaly , Scrub Pine and COMPANYON at The Ramkat, located at 170 W. 9th St. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show begins at 8 p.m. Stay tuned for an upcoming article in YES! Weekly about this show and about The Garage as a production company! Tickets can be purchased online on the Facebook event page. Floor seating is $7.75, balcony seating ranges from $12-$16.67 (not including convenience and handling fees).
3. On March 17 in Greensboro, Old Town Draught House, located at 1205 Spring Garden St., will hold its 18th annual Old Town Beerun. This event is hosted by Scree Slide Sports and Old Town Beerun. According to the Facebook event page, “Come to challenge yourself with the 5-mile course or take a more relaxed approach with the Frolic. Either way, grab your green and get down to Old Town for a great time.”
4. On March 17 in Winston-Salem, from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. A/perture Cinema, located at 311 W 4th St., will be holding a pop-up movie poster sale in the A/trium. According to the Facebook event, “We’re pulling our posters out of storage for a poster sale – we’ve got a lot of Oscar contenders, indie hits and even some studio releases from 2017 and older titles as well.” Stop by before or after attending the Cobblestone Farmers Market.
5. On March 17 in High Point, from 11 a.m. until 2 a.m. Sidelines Sports Grill, located at 309 W. Fairfield Rd., will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day. Brunch will be available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. According to the Facebook event, there will be great food specials all day and specialty drinks that will make you green with envy. Staff will be dressed festive and will have prizes all day for those that make it to the “end of the rainbow.” There will also be a D.J. dance party from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. “that will have you doing the jig!”
6. On March 18 in Greensboro, from noon until 4 p.m. it is the first NC Food Rodeo at Grove Winery & Vineyards of 2018, located at 7360 Brooks Bridge Rd. Expected vendors include Thai Box Zing Catering, Baconessence, Apple Babies Gourmet Candy Apples and Treats, Gregory Musgrove Custom Guitar, Natty Greene’s Brewing Co.Mama Voula’s, The Bustling Boutique, Good Vibes Mobile Boutique, Foothills Brewing and The Pearl Kitchen. There will be live music by Megan Doss. According to the Facebook event page, admission and parking are free. This is a family-friendly event with seated dining areas. There will also be wine and beer available.
7. From March 18 until April 29 in Greensboro, Natty Green’s Kitchen and Market, located at 2003 Yanceyville St., and The Butcher and Baker is offering Natty’s all-you-can-eat brunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for $15. According to the Facebook event page, the meal includes house-cured bacon, sausage gravy, local eggs, house-baked muffins, biscuits and more. There will also be specialty Bloody Marys with all the fixin’s available for purchase. For more information, visit the Facebook event page.
8. On March 18 in Winston-Salem, join Greensboro Roller Derby for another doubleheader, but this time located at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds & Annex, located at 421 W. 27th St. Greensboro Roller Derby and the former Camel City Thrashers will be skating together in the Battle of the Triad Mash-Up. Following the Mash-Up bout, the home teams will duke it out with the Elm St. Nightmares taking on the Battleground Betties. Doors open at 2 p.m. and the first bout will begin at 3 p.m. at the Education Building at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds & Annex. “Be sure to join us after our doubleheader at Burke Street Pub for the always epic after party!”