Kaleideum Is Mixing It Up at Festive Family Friday planned for Dec. 13, 4:30-8:30pm
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (December 5, 2019) — What happens when you mix a little science and Santa, add a dash of the arts, and a dollop of plain old fun? Why Festive Family Friday, of course!
Festive Family Friday, sponsored by Spangler, Rohlfing & Lambert Pediatric Dentistry and Publix Supermarket Charities, is a music- and discovery-filled holiday tradition at Kaleideum North. This year’s event is Friday, December 13, from 4:30-8:30 pm.
Kaleideum North will be dressed in its seasonal best for this event, and every nook and cranny will be filled with the holiday spirit.
For a deeply discounted admission rate, visitors can:
- Listen to music performed by choral and instrumental ensembles, including Twin City Tuba and orchestras from Forsyth Country Day School and RJ Reynolds High School.
- Experience LIVE Science in the auditorium.
- Create an upcycled ornament and make special reindeer food for Santa’s reindeer.
- Meet one of Kaleideum’s resident animals up close.
- Catch a Mannheim Steamroller laser show in the Planetarium.
- Let imaginations soar with a performance by Edge Performing Arts.
- Experience Insta-Snow®, holiday slime, and snow-dough in a Sensory Friendly Play Lab.
- Play with shadow puppets and a large cardboard sleigh.
- Shop for gifts in the Gift Shop, which will offer a 20 percent discount on purchases totaling $10 or more.
- Give Santa a wish list and have a picture taken with the Big Guy.
- Play and learn with an energetic and loveable “Blippi” character who will help kids see the Museum in new and unexpected ways!
CiCi’s Pizza and Cam’s Coffee Company will be on site for dinner and drink purchases. Admission for Festive Family Friday is only $3 per person for ages 1 and up, members and non-members.
Festive Family Friday attendees will also have the opportunity to purchase a new Family Membership or renew an expired one for $25 off the regular price ($125 vs. $150)!
Kaleideum North is located at 400 W Hanes Mill Road in Winston-Salem. Advanced tickets may be purchased online at kaleideum.org.
Kaleideum was formed by the merger of The Children’s Museum of Winston-Salem and SciWorks in July 2016. Kaleideum Downtown (formerly The Children’s Museum) was founded by the Junior League of Winston-Salem and opened its doors in 2004. Kaleideum North (formerly SciWorks), also founded by the Junior League of Winston-Salem, opened its doors as the Nature Science Center in 1964. The two museums merged into a single organization with a new mission — “Inspiring wonder, curiosity, and lifelong learning in our children and community through interactive play and discovery” — and the goal of eventually opening a combined building in downtown Winston-Salem.